Can you help me understand this English question?
3 PARAGRAPHS PER ASSIGNMENT….MLA IN TEXT CITATION…SINGLE SPACE Begin your essay with a clear thesis that reflects the question you select, but you may need to narrow and focus the question. Explain your thesis, the focus of your essay. Do not begin with a general statements. Define any relevant terms, and then support this focus with specific examples and quotes from the text.note: if your essays are too short or undeveloped or if they are general/ vague, they will not receive a good grade.DO NOT USE ONLINE SOURCES; IF YOU DO, YOU WILL FAIL WITH A ZERO
1. Using ONE of the Modern texts in our content unit on Modernism, such as “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” “Mending Wall,” or “A Rose for Emily,” define and explain Modernism. Provide at least four characteristics of Modernism and explain how these characteristics are illustrated in the text you select – use these characteristics to explain the text’s meaning. Be specific.
2. Explain the traditional definition of the dramatic monologue as developed by Browning; then explain how and why Eliot’s adapts and changes this type of poem in “The Love Song.” Why does Eliot change the traditional definition for a more modern audience – what is his purpose? Be specific.
3. Using either chapter 9 of Vandover and the Brute, “The Open Boat,” OR “The Blue Hotel,” define American Naturalism as a literary movement, providing at least four characteristics. Make sure you use examples/quotes from one of these texts. You may include Norris’ definition of Naturalism.
4. In “To Build a Fire,” compare and contrast the two characters, the man and the dog. Neither one has a have proper name. Are we meant to compare the two? How does such a comparison help us understand the story as Naturalistic? For example, which one is more adapted to his environment?
5. Rivers function as symbols in “The Negro Speaks of Rivers”; what do they symbolize? What do they mean? Several rivers are mentioned: name them and explain how they provide clues to the poem’s meaning.
6. In “Sweat,” Sykes is associated with phallic symbols: the bullwhip and the snake. Why use these symbols to characterize him? In contrast, Delia is surrounded by gynocentric symbols (symbols that are about female creativity): laundry basket, skillet, and the house itself. Compare and contrast the use of symbols as touchstones of meaning in the story. What do these symbols reveal about each character and the story’s meaning?
7. How and why does Miss Emily try to control time and circumstance? Why does she kill Homer? Consider her background including her relationship with her father – what does he have to do with her mental state? Narrow/focus.
8. Discuss the narrator in “Mending Wall” – who is telling the story and why? What is the narrator’s tone or attitude? Compare and contrast the narrator’s point of view about the wall with his neighbor’s. What is the narrator’s attitude toward his neighbor? What does the narrator mean when he says his neighbor “walks in darkness” or compares him to a “stone-age savage”?
WILL UPLOAD ALL READINGS THAT YOU HAVE TO USE TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS
YOU WILL NOT USE ANY OUTSIDE SOURCES OTHER THAN THESE SOURCES TO ANSWER
YOU MUST ANSWER EACH QUESTION WITH AT LEAST 3 PARAGRAPHS
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.