Can you help me understand this Art & Design question?
12 12 unread replies. 12 12 replies.
Discussion 5: Iconographical Analysis (Sculpture)
The Winged Victory of Samothrace, 200-190 BCE, marble, Louvre, Paris
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/26/70/0f/26700f6123f238d8b2356f2632170c0d.jpg (Links to an external site.)
Please report on one sculpture made between 2000 BCE and 100 BCE. The work can, for instance, be an Egyptian, Greek, Buddhist, Roman or Native American sculpture. Your report should be at least 400 words, and should include these numbered sections:
1. Image: Post an image or link to your chosen work, with the MLA citation and URL to the source.
2. Material Data: Name the artist/designer (if known), date(s), current location or museum, materials used and size. Note its use(s) and any special production techniques utilized.
3. Formal Analysis: Describe your image according using at least four (4) of these categories: Line, Shape and Form, Space, Texture, Value and Light, Color, and Implied Movement (Time), Repetition, Variety, Rhythm, Balance, Compositional Unity, Emphasis, Economy, and/or Proportion. Since this work is in three dimensions, make sure to look at images of the same work from different angles.
4. [NEW] Iconographical Analysis: This section will require research beyond your readings. Examine the work that you chose and discuss its symbolism beyond its “natural subject matter”. That is, first note exactly what you see depicted (the natural subject matter). Then, tell us what that subject matter means symbolically, within its own time, history, myth and culture. Try to relate the symbolism to the myths, philosophy, religion or ideas within its culture and time.
For more on this method see:
“Writing About Art: Iconography”
http://writingaboutart.org/pages/iconographicanalysis.html (Links to an external site.)
5. Personal Reflections: Why did you choose this work? What are its least and most attractive aspects to you?
6. MLA citations to your research sources.
Post this initial post by Thursday night. Afterwards, please post at least two substantial replies to other students (and/or the professor), on separate days, before the end of the instructional week (Sunday night). In your replies to one another, try to go deeper into the work presented, comparing and contrasting it with what you presented. Share new research or knowledge. End by asking a critical question of the other student (not a yes/no question but a how/why type question) on what they presented. Return later in the week to continue the discussion and go further with the conversation.
Initial posting: up to 16 possible points.
Substantial reply to at least two other students: up to 10 possible points
Spelling, grammar, formatting and citations: up to 4 possible points.
TOTAL : 30 possible points
Note our late deductions for discussions: 10% a day for postings posted after the Thursday deadline. No postings or replies are accepted for grading after Sunday at 11:59pm EST.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.