For this assignment you will use various skills and strategies you have learned from the Child-Centered Play Therapy Workbook.
1. (6 points) Case Study Present a child case. This case needs to focus on a child that is under the age of 12; include name, age, location, family dynamics, and details around the presenting issue that has brought the child to counseling.
2. (20 points) Verbatim: Create a dialogue between the counselor (you) and the case child detailed in question 1. Include at least 10 lines of dialogue for you, and 10 lines of dialogue for your client. The lines of counseling dialogue should be empathic, and reflective. You do not want to ask questions, but rather illustrate your ability to use empathic statements and reflective responses.
Exampleclient: I am really tired today and I dont want to play.counselor: Your body is telling you that you should rest instead of playing with the toys today. client: Yes, I had a lot of school work this week, and my friend Johnny is mad at me.
Counselor: So not only did the teacher give you a bunch of work, but this week has made you extra sad because you miss playing with your friend Johnny.
3. (6 points) Compare and contrast the characteristics of child-centered approach to one of the evidence-based approaches in chapter 5 of the Elements of counseling textbook. Develop three points of comparison that illustrate similarities and three points of comparison that illustrate differences.
4. (8 points) From the examples in the setting limits section of the Child-Centered Play Therapy Workbook. Develop one limit that you might use with children (select something that is not used as an example in the textbook). Describe the limit, and then use the steps: Step 1 Determine if the limit is necessary, Step 2 State the limit to the child, Step 3 – Warning, and Step 4 Enforcement of consequence, to illustrate how you would apply them to your own work with a child. For each step, speak about the characteristics of the step, and then show how you would use the limit and how you would enforce the step.
5. (10 points) In child-centered play therapy, questions are not frequently used. Explain five points of rationale to why questions are not beneficial to the counseling relationship with children. Do not copy sentences from the book, state these five points in an informed manner, but in your own words, with strong supporting insight and examples.
6. (10 points) In child-centered play therapy, praise is discouraged. Explain five points of rationale to why praise is not beneficial to the counseling relationship with children. Do not copy sentences from the book, state these five points in an informed manner, but in your own words, with strong supporting insight and examples.
7. (4 points) In child-centered play therapy, self-disclosure is discouraged. Explain two points of rationale to why self-disclosure is not beneficial to the counseling relationship with children. Do not copy sentences from the book, state these two points in an informed manner, but in your own words, with strong supporting insight and examples.
8. (10 points) From chapter 3, select five of the recommended toys for the playroom, and describe how you would use those with children in a counseling setting. Include a description of the toy, how the book describes its value or use, and then provide your own illustration of how you would use it include what issue the toy might help the child address, and how you would engage the child in play with the toy.
9. (6 points) Select 3 themes from chapter 4. For each theme, 1. Develop a line of dialogue that describes a childs behavior that would be indicative of the theme. 2. Then describe the theme, and 3. Develop an empathic, reflective, or child-centered statement that you could respond with appropriately.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.