Interpersonal Communication Project Instructions
The purpose of the Interpersonal Communication Project (ICP) is twofold: 1) To develop an interpersonal communication plan that demonstrates course-related knowledge and a commitment to developing and maintaining healthy, healing, helping, and holy relationships through effective communication. 2) To demonstrate your ability to compose and effectively deliver a message with clear, purposeful, and well-organized content with attention to both verbal and nonverbal aspects. You will produce a 9-10 minute video recording of yourself presenting your communication plan. You will also create an accompanying PowerPoint presentation that highlights your main points and clearly discloses your sources. The video file will be uploaded to YouTube and the PowerPoint presentation will be submitted to Blackboard along with a link to the video. Your presentation must include the following sections/main points:
1. Introduction:Introduce your project in an engaging and interesting way. Say your name (but do not provide a biography), then give a brief preview of your presentations main points.
2. Overarching goal:Articulate an overarching life or career goal that anchors your communication plan. This goal should be succinctly formulated as a single phrase and must not be overly broad or vague. Share why this goal is important to you and explain the role of interpersonal communication within this goal.
3. Behavioral blend and background:Briefly describe your behavioral blend as identified in your Uniquely You profile. Also, share about how your background and identity influences your communication patterns, both positively and negatively. This section provides a backdrop for understanding you as a communicator and the challenges and opportunities you have faced.
4. Communication barriers:Disclose and discuss the most significant interpersonal communication barriers and issues that you have discovered throughout this course. Define and explain how these currently hinder you and negatively impact your relationships. It is implied that you have identified the specific barriers you will need to overcome in order to reach your overarching goal.
5. Resources and strategies:Describe solutions that will help you overcome the barriers discussed in the previous section. Be specific in discussing resources in the course literature that you have found personally applicable and helpful. These may include concepts, principles, models, or metaphors that have given you insight and understanding; techniques that may be employed to enhance communication skills; strategies that you have discovered, etc.
6. Action plan:Formulate specific action steps for implementing the resources and strategies described in the previous section within your interpersonal context. Actions may include techniques you will practice, ideas you will continually reflect on, things you will do differently, etc. Explain how implementing your plan will make your overarching goal a reality.
End with a memorable closing statement or quote.
For this project, you must incorporate all the required course texts and two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles in a meaningful, effective, and significant way. Attribution to these sources must be clear throughout, ideally by oral reference. Evidence of self-reflection, critical thinking, immersion in the course materials, and synthesis of the course literature is expected. The language and terminology used in your presentation should be familiar to the audience and appropriate for the setting. When organizing your presentation, make sure each required section/main point is sufficiently developed given the time limit. The sections must be logically connected with a progression of ideas throughout. Transitions between subtopics should be clear and maintain flow of thought. All content should be applied and personalized.
Your PowerPoint presentation should include a total of 15-20 slides that have a consistent look, font usage and style throughout. The slides should effectively and professionally communicate key points and provide visual support for your oral presentation, rather than stand alone with an over-abundance of text. Use images, graphic elements and illustrations to add interest, but make sure these do not distract from the overall content. Use the last one or two slides for a complete APA-formatted bibliography.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.