PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS CORRECTLY. ANSWER EACH AND EVERY QUESTION CORRECTLY.
1. From this course, what myths about aging have been dispelled? (10 points)
2. Aging and Social Policy: Based on your knowledge of aging in America, design a comprehensive government program which addresses the needs of the elderly on all levels: Economic, health, housing, recreation and employment (10 points)
3. Review the Older American Acts and answer the following questions: (10 points)
a. What are your general impressions?
b. Can all phases be implemented and enforced? Why? Why not?
c. How does it compare to similar documents in two of the countries we have reviewed?
4. Read the case of Mama Del found in Week 8 Content and answer the following questions, citing your sources: (10 points)
A. Research the effects of Hurricane Katrina on the predominantly poor African-American community primarily affected by the devastation, many elderly, and describe what happened to the communities both in the short term and long term.
B. How was Mama Dell affected, as an African-American elder by the psycho-social forces which led to her depression and eventual recovery?
C. How sensitive were government officials to the strong community ties, and sense of place felt by the residents?
D. Which of the three theories we have reviewed earlier in class would be applicable to The case of Mama Dell?
5. As the Human Resources Director of a large company, you are asked by the CEO and Board of Directors to design a program for workers who have reached retirement age. How would you approach this task and what would the program look like? Begin by stating why the decision to end mandatory retirement has been made by the company. Follow with the factors you need to considers in designing such a program, and end with a description of the new program. (Consult outside sources, if necessary and cite them). (10 points)
6. Focus on an ethnic grouping (black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American or another group of interest to you). Research and summarize your findings about the following (though you are not limited to these topics, but must address them first): 1) the socio-demographic characteristics of the group (e.g. income, poverty, mental and physical health. 2) The mental health status and needs of the group. 3) Utilization of mental health services 4) Problems of depression and coping among the elderly 5) Role of family and community. Include the information in the lectures of Week 4, but be sure to add additional citations. (10 points)
7. What are the keys to successful aging? (10 points)
8. Review the essays on elders in the U.S. and other countries. Respond to the following questions: (10 points) (10 points)
a. What are the commonalities all countries share with respect to caring for the elderly?
b. How do these countries differ with respect to the challenges they face?
c. What would you say is the basic attitude towards the elderly in each country?
d. How do you view the approach to solving the challenges of caring for elders in each country?
e. In what country would you like to be an elder, if you could choose? Explain.
9. Research and describe a minimum of three programs begun in the past 20 years that have helped the elderly find a place in society. Determine how effective the programs were (or still are), and the reasons for their success or failure. (10 points)
10. Take a close look at your community. What impediments to the freedom and well being of the elderly do you observe? How can these be rectified? (10 points)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.