Discussion: Events of the Middle East
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam share many similarities that are both historical and geographical. Yet, despite their historical similarities, these religions have also had historical conflict. Clashes over the Gaza strip and Islamic extremism have placed special emphasis on these religions and the interactions between cultures that practice them. In this Discussion, you are challenged to consider how your current knowledge of the core tenets and practices of each religion can smooth cultural misunderstandings and put current events in a more objective, less reactionary context.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Read this weeks required course text pages.
· Consider how the media portrays the current events happening in the Middle East from a religious perspective.
· Reflect on how your knowledge of the similarities between the religions of Abraham helps you to better understand the Middle East conflict.
Compose a 2- to 3-paragraph Discussion post in which you do the following:
· Explain one particular current event or issue in the Middle East in which the religion(s) of the area affect other peoples perceptions of that religion in a negative way.
· Contrast your perceptions of this issue and the religions involved before this course with your perceptions now that you know more about the religion(s) involved. Has anything changed? Why or why not?
· Conclude with what you can do with your knowledge of these religions to put Middle Eastern events into a more objective perspective for yourself and for others.
Assignment: Reflection: Synthesis
You have accomplished a lot in the past 5 weeks of this courseexploring many fascinating faith traditions from around the world and from ancient history through to the modern day. Youve learned to see religion not just as a fixed set of rituals, but as an interrelationship between people, religious spaces, religious actions, religious beliefs, and the earthly connection to the Divine in its many interpretations. In this Reflection, you will consider your whole experience in this course and what you will apply to your own life after this course concludes.
To prepare for this Reflection:
· Consider how you have grown in knowledge and religious perspective since the beginning of the course.
· Reflect on how this course impacts your own beliefs and identity and what perceptions and actions you will take with you once this course concludes.
Compose a 1- to 2-page reflective paper in which you do the following:
· Identify three major concepts or perceptions about world religions that you have either gained or changed from this course.
· Explain in detail how you viewed each concept or perception at the inception of the course, how you view them now, and how this impacts your identity, beliefs, and life.
Kurtz, L. R. (2016). Gods in the global village: The worlds religions in sociological perspective (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
o The Politics of Heresy (pp. 293324)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.