Scholarly Paper Planning Assignment
Part A: Searching the Literature Using Key Words and Phrases
1. Before beginning this assignment, review the material posted under the Library Guides tab and the material found by clicking on the web link titled determinants of health (this document contains some useful key words and phrases).
2. Begin this assignment by performing a general search of your chosen topic using Google. How many hits are there? Are there useful links within the first two pages? Then, use the UOIT library Quick Links feature to perform a more targeted search. Click on the Quick Links tab, then on Find Articles, Journals, Databases. Next, click on Indexes and Databases and choose the letter P. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select PubMed. You will receive a message that reads: To connect to this resource, please use your network login information (same that you use when you login to your computer). After logging in, type in the general word or phrase, e.g., obesity or mental health. Use the tabs at the left of the results page to refine your search. You should also select aIDitional key words and phrases to help narrow your search to a more specific topic.
3. DOCUMENT each action step you undertake by writing an explanation of your step-by-step process in a Word document. You may capture the information using screen shots and paste them into the document to illustrate your search. It is absolutely important that you take the time to perform a literature search because you will learn how to use the library resources and you will learn the importance of developing a bank of key words and phrases that improve your search technique.
Part B: Annotated Bibliography Assignment
Begin your assignment by preparing an APA style title page. Then, at the top of the next page, write your working title andthesis statement it does not have to be in its final form at this stage because continuing your literature search will help you to refine your thesis; however, your statement should be strong and clear.
You are to include four kinds of information in this assignment.
1. Give the complete reference, APA style.
2. Give a brief description of the type of source. The sources could beresearch reports, review articles, systematic reviews, government reports, or association information.
3. Summarizein 7-12 sentences the contents of the source.
4. Describe how this material will be used by you in writing your scholarly paper.
You do not need to have all your articles at this stage; however, you need to provide at least six references that are scholarly* in nature. You may also replace some of these articles with other articles as you continue your search of the litera
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.