Name Public Policy Theory Paper
Due Date Friday, March 14, 2014 6:00:00 PM PDT
Points Possible 300
The major project in the course is a public policy theory paper in which you apply course materials to a policy area (i.e., a model, theory, framework), which could include a topic relevant to your own interests and degree track (e.g., ocean policy, forest policy, water policy, health policy, rural policy, etc.). Length expectations will be discussed in class. The paper is worth a maximum of 300 points. Papers should use APA citation format, have proper grammar and spelling, and presents a proper introduction. If there are multiple spelling errors, bad grammar, or a failure to communicate the thrust of your paper in the introduction, I will not read the rest of the paper. An Initial Policy Theory Paper statement (1-2 pages plus outline) is due in class on January 16. This statement should look like a memo and include the topic, paper outline, proposed policy framework/theory, and at least 5 references on the topic. Failure to submit the statement will result in a lower final score. THE FINAL PAPER IS DUE March 14 BY 6:00 PM (Black Board submission)).
Your analysis should include the components below. In each case it is essential that you draw on and cite relevant course and other materials:
1. Introduce the topic and the issues raised: background, a quick overview of what has happened (e.g., on the agenda, passed, being implemented; or put on agenda but failed to pass), current status, AND what policy framework/theory/model you will use and why it is appropriate for you issue area. Failure to apply a policy framework/theory/model will lead to a failing score.
2. Examine the emergence of that topic as an issue, that is, agenda setting, including relating it to interests and ideas of important political participants. In addition, consider groups, if any, who might logically have been participants but who appear not to have been involved and examine reasons for non-involvement.
3. Policy development and adoption or non-adoption: Among the topics you should consider are the roles of various groups and individuals, the likely role of such analytic methods as cost-benefit-analysis and other methods discussed as part of policy development.
4. Policy implementation-if the policy was adopted-and examination of implementation successes and limits. Obviously this cannot be applied to policies that were not adopted.
5. Policy evaluation, whether or not the policy was adopted. If adopted, what evaluations and adjustments; if not adopted, what evaluation of the continuing “problems” addressed by the proposals.
6. Summary: an overall analysis of the policy area in terms of the themes, issues, and approaches developed in the course. Did your theory/framework/model explain developments for your policy topic?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.